fredag 18 januari 2013

Inlay, one year ago



A Swedish hymn begins:
Another day leaves my life and it shall not return …

The New Year has just started and I might as well take up my duties.

I am opening my beak again and consequently, it can be expected that I have something new to offer. No such thing, nothing new, no new incidences, no ideas.

Regarding Olle things are just as dreary as they were when I - at the end of last year - dropped my thoughts down the blog chute. What can I now produce? I have told the story about Olle, and I have written some about myself, what have I said about his mother Kerstin?

Kerstin was dutiful and disciplined. She used to say: “I represent the Town administration and I do my best to perform the duties that I have undertaken and that are entrusted to me.”

Thus, Kerstin had great confidence in the Police as well as in other authorities in society.
“I do my share and I expect others to do theirs”.

Her attitude to life was expressed by the words of the Swedish poet Karin Boye’s poem ‘Wish’:

If there was only one day remaining of my full life
I would look for the most precious that life on earth contains.
The most beautiful on earth is merely Probity,
still it makes a lonely life into Life and Reality.

Kerstin entered into the Eternal rest on March 15, 2008. Her last questions concerned her son Olle.

Best wishes! Ruben

( translator A-B Wikström)

Print This Post

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar